06 Jul Nomination of Affiliates and Incubates Representatives
NOTICE FOR ELECTION OF TWO (2) MEMBER NOMINATED TO MANAGEMENT BOARD to
This notice is hereby given for nomination of representatives of Affiliate Writers and Incubate Writers to the Management Board of Writers Guild Kenya. The representatives are allowed to serve a renewable term of 2 years but limited to a maximum of two terms.
- Election of Candidates
A person is eligible for election as a representative of Affiliates or Incubates if:
- He/she is a member of Writers Guild Kenya (in the appropriate category) and the subscriptions are up to date
- He/she has never been convicted of any crime relating to dishonesty
- He or she will always be available to fulfill Management duties relating to the duties.
Qualities and Responsibilities of the Representative
- To act jointly with the other Management Board to serve writers under the leadership of the Trustees.
- To understand and comply with the Trust Deed and Rules governing Writers Guild Kenya
- To understand and oversee the implementation of appropriate Strategies for Writers Guild Kenya
- To act with impartiality in respect of all members and partners of Writers Guild Kenya.
- To represent the interests of the writers and act always to grow and empower them
- To organize events and activities that grow the writers
- Do any other activity that may be assigned by the Trustees or Chief Empowering Officer
Most importantly, the representatives must have a clear understanding of the goals, objectives, and principles of Writers Guild Kenya and how they are achieved.
Eligible candidates willing to be elected should present their names with a summary profile (maximum of 200 words), giving their background and indicating why they are suitable for the position. This must be done by Wednesday 8th July 2020 by 5.00 pm to email@example.com .The election process will be conducted through an online portal which will be open for access within a window period of 3 days after which the voting process will be closed for analysis and presentation of results.