- Growing Writers
- Self-publishing Services
- Editorial Services and Training Consultancy
- Our Case Studies
1. How do we grow Writers?
We are a membership body, hence grow our members through the following ways:
(a) Writers Ekklesia – Ever Personalized Mentorship week on Friday from 2 pm, we meet at the Library within National Museums of Kenya to enjoy the company of each other as we sharpen our skills through training, mentorship and education.
(b) Writers Chats – Every so often, we organize specialized events and interactions with strategic people to help our writers Grow. The chats take place on either a Wednesday or Tuesday at our offices.
(c) E-learning facilities and online Platforms – We have a collection of avenues through which we interact and share opportunities for true growth.
(d) Personalized Mentorship – We have the culture of holding each other’s hands. Through our unique personalized approach, we try to understand you beyond the pen and inspire in you a desire to grow. We attempt to listen to you.
(e) Professional Consultations – We have a pool of consultants in different areas we are available to our writers upon arrangement. With this, we hope to inspire our writers to aspire for excellence in their writing.
(f) Strategic Partnerships -Our strong network of members, mentors and professional partners puts us in a privileged position to be partners to conferences, workshops and other opportunities which only serve to make our writers better.
(g) Hope Letter -This is a letter shared to our members on a monthly basis with a view to updating them on areas that require their attention.
(h) Self-publishing Funding – With the Chapisha Chipukizi kitty, we invite partners to donate towards giving good writers, who lack the finances to publish their books a chance.
(i) More than writing – When we are not writing, we are probably doing something more exciting like excursions, engaging in sports, visiting scary places and doing all you long to do.
(j) Writing Courses -We offer short and specific writing courses periodically to enhance the skills of our writers.
What is Writers Guild Kenya’s Self-publishing service?
Our aim is to grow competitive writers, whose writing can be published anywhere in the world. Ours is to demand more from our writers and to provide the platform for growth. However, Writers Guild Kenya offers Self-publishing services as part of the Comprehensive Editorial Consultancy that it does. Here are the 7 easy steps to self-publishing with us:
- Evaluation: Writers Guild Kenya receives the manuscript (or the first few sections) and does an evaluation (to determine readiness for publishing).
- Contract: Once evaluated, and established to be ready for Publishing WGK and the author signs a Self-Publishing Contract (containing the terms and the costs).
- Strategy: The timelines are set and agreed on by both parties.
- Perspectives: Editorial work sets in (Editing, Proofreading, Design and Layout, Approval and Printing).
- Evidence: The book is handed over to the author/client.
- Presentation: Launch or Distribution arrangements made (if desired).
- Inspiration: Your book is now ready to influence the world.
3. What services does Writers Guild Kenya Editorial Services and Training Consultancy Offer?
(i) Writing and Publishing Training to individuals and corporate organizations.
(ii) Personalized and Coaching for authors.
(iii) Writing Services i.e Rapporteur Services, Editing Services, Content Creation and Writers outsourcing.
4. Our Case Study.
Download our case study below: