Whether you are staring at a blank page and need the inspiration to proceed or you’re polishing your work for publishing, The Write Ignition, will strengthen your skills, light your path and energize you to make the move towards establishing an illustrious career in writing.
The Write Ignition
About this Program
Whether you’re thinking of a journey in Fiction, Non-Fiction or Poetry or you’ve already written but are not entirely proud of your work, The Write Ignition equips you with basic skills that cut across different fields.
This program is tailored specifically for you; to inform and give your writing a unique perspective. We will illustrate practical skills of writing compelling and informative stories and walk with you towards achieving your goal(s) through practical Case Studies and easy-to-follow guidelines. This course will guide you through the process of understanding the essential elements of Fiction, Non-Fiction and Poetry. It will also help you identify opportunities in Writing and ways through which you can sell your work.
Is this Course Right for You?
- You desire to write, but need basic guidelines to start.
- You are knowledgeable in a field, which when written can benefit others.
- You have always wanted to publish but you seem to lack the confidence to make a move.
- You are unsure of which avenues to use to tell your story in an affordable yet quality way.
- You are concerned by the loss of important details/stories if they are not written.
Week 1: Writing Basics
No one talks the same way as another person. We all talk in unique voices. So do we in writing. In this module, you will learn the fundamentals of expressing yourself through the pen and finding your author/writer voice in a way that readers will understand and relate to your writing.
What is covered?
- Why writing?
- Planning and Executing writing the plan
- Different routes, one journey: Options for genres
- Options for Outlets; Blogging, Book Publishing or E-Publishing?
- Common mistakes made by writers and how to avoid them
Week 2: Staying the Writing Course
Learn how to slay two monsters that have killed many budding writers who have fallen for their charms.
- Reading and other habits that make you a better writer.
- Storytelling 101: captivating using the written word.
- Elements of a story.
- Blank: Dealing with Writers Block and Excuses
- Making money from your writing
Week 3: Proofreading and Editing
Learn how to make your work palatable and presentable.
This module allows you to present your work to the world like the great writer/author that you are.
- Writing from the heart and editing with no mercy
- Tips and tricks to proofread and edit your own work
- Engaging a Professional Editor/ Proofreader
- Publishing Options for you
Week 4: Making Money as a Writer
Get to know how to put your writing skills to work for you.
- Standing out as a writer by choosing your niche
- Opportunities available for you
- Social media marketing for writers
- Marketing and Distributing your work
To apply in The Write Ignition program, click below to submit your personal details
Why Writers Guild?
Whether you want to experiment with writing for yourself or you’d wish to
publish professionally, we have worked with writers from both extremes and we
have carefully packed this course to suit your needs.
More reasons to choose us:
- We have different genres. Be sure to find one which suits you.
- We have been in this journey of mentoring writers for over five years and we have sampled material that is relevant and timely.
- Our tutors are understanding to a fault. They have been our mentors and
held our hands for the five years.
- Other than the physical classes, we provide hand-outs and sample writings
for further study and practice.
- We provide a file with all the materials you’ll need for the whole course.
- Our classes have been scheduled to accommodate everyone.
- Other than physical classes, you can register and get the classes online.