10 Oct SUBMISSION FOR CHILDREN STORIES
OUTSTANDING STORIES OF OUR TIMES
Value based learning is one of the pillars of the newly introduced Basic Education Curriculum Framework in Kenya. The Writers Guild Kenya purposes to promote this goal through this call out.
Some Values of interest:
Love • Integrity • Respect • Hard work or Industriousness • Peace • Patriotism • Social Justice • Responsibility •Chastity• Transparency • Unity
NB: The virtue of charity should be in all the stories.
The stories should bring out the author’s creativity and mastery of the English Language as well as high level of knowledge and incorporation of different areas of human life such as Hygiene, Information Technology, Mathematics, Environment, Science, Music, etc.
Scope of Project:
Develop storybooks based on the above-mentioned values for the following levels:
Age 6: At least 3 books touching on each virtue = Approx. 20 books
Age 7: At least 3 books touching on each virtue = Approx. 20 books
Age 8: At least 3 books touching on each virtue = Approx. 20 books
Age 9: At least 3 books touching on each virtue = Approx. 20 books
Age 10: At least 3 books touching on each virtue = Approx. 20 books
|Age 6||Age 7||Age 8||Age 9||Age 10|
| 2-4 sentences per page
|4-8 sentences per page
|5-10 sentences a page
|10-20 sentences a page
35 – 40 pages
|20-30 sentences a page
Stories must be;
- Interesting and imaginative
- The theme can be your choice but relevant and appropriate for children
- A maximum of 3 entries per writer
- Include descriptions for illustrations
- All stories should be written in English
- Writers as young as 10 or as old as 70 can submit.
- Do not include your name on the story
- Stories should be paginated
- The competition is open to writers across Africa
- Deadline for submission: 8th Nov, 2019
- To submit: Send your story to email@example.com with the subject line: ‘Children Story Submission’
- On the email body, give details of your name, country of origin and brief bio (max 200 words)
- The stories will be entered into a competition and the awards will be as follows:
- All the stories submitted and approved will be published.
- The best story per age gets Ksh. 5,000; 1st runner’s up gets Ksh. 3,000 and 2nd runner’s up gets Ksh. 2,000
NB: By entering this competition, you’re granting us the right to publish your story (separate publishing contract to be signed).
Stories will be judged on the basis of content, language and style of writing.