09 Jun Vacancy at Writers Guild Kenya: Programs and Operations Manager
Writers Guild Kenya Vacancy Announcement
JOB TITLE: PROGRAMS AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Programs and Operations Manager will coordinate the activities of Writers Guild Kenya including writing classes, hybrid publishing activities, events, and growth platforms for writers and readers in Kenya.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates all the activities of the Writers Guild Kenya
- Represent Writers Guild Kenya in meetings, partner discussions, partner events, etc.
- Maintains relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Explores Partnerships and follow up on potential leads.
- Writes minutes and keeps all the records of all the Management Meetings.
- Convenes Management Meetings in liaison with CEO
- Ensures the visibility of Writers Guild Kenya’s brand in all strategic places
- Organizes continuous staff training, motivation activities and growth sessions in consultation with the CEO
- Coordinates the Editorial Consultants and ensures timelines are met in book productions and editorial activities.
- Coordinates and liaises with Printers for timely and quality printing of books.
- Guides potential clients and ensures proper documentation for effective engagement.
- Reports on the achievement of targets and KPI for all the other staff.
- Evaluates programs and provide feedback and communicate program(s) status to the Management.
- Management interactions (follow up on materials, contracts, financial records and compliance requirements)
- Supervise, coach and mentor staff for improved performance.
- Liaise with suppliers of book production services to meet set production targets and achieve the desired product quality
- Develop annual publishing budgets, monitor and institute implementation plans to ensure accurate and timely expenditure returns
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A graduate from a college or University with favourable qualification in the course pursued
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Strategic use of social media and other digital services as business tools
- Organizational, interpersonal, communication skills, and attention to details.
- Ability to guide staff members and other business leaders in their day to day program activities
- Must be fluent in both English and Swahili
- Sound knowledge of publishing, printing industry and curriculum development with a proven track record in sales, managing client relationships, and key account management
- Fair understanding of the new media(internet) and models of sustainability for social enterprises
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume/CV to People and Talent Manager, Writers Guild Kenya, through email@example.com by end of the day(5.00 pm) Monday, 15th June 2020